Tuesday 11 December 2012

Where To Begin?

Where to begin with this blog?  I want to tell a story.  It's supposed to have a happy ending, but it's been going on for quite a while now, and (like my title implies), I've hit quite a few snags along the way.  To be clear, this isn't going to be one big online pity party.  No, I save those for Sunday nights at home.  This blog is going to be about finding the humour in the hard stuff.  The stuff that sneaks up on you, whacks you about the head and kicks you in the shins, then pushes you to the ground and runs off laughing. 

I never intended to do a Caucasian remake of "How Stella Got Her Groove Back".  Truly.  Besides, I just read the book (Terry McMillan is a brilliant author, but I just wasn't loving the runningadjectivesdescriptivesadverbstogether thing.  No offense, Ms McMillan.) two weeks ago, and I've never seen the Angela Bassett movie.  I just happened to go to Jamaica, just happened to meet a Jamaican man, just happened to be in a loveless marriage.  Everything happened at a particularly weird juncture in my life, as most things in my life tend to do.  Fact is, it wasn't until I went BACK to Jamaica that things got really interesting...

But that's an entry for another day.  Stay tuned.  Please.

Jo

2 comments:

  1. I am going to keep reading! Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be interesting. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete